As part of Ian’s Tiger Cub Elective requirements, he is supposed to visit dad’s office. Well, Winter Break provides the perfect time for such an event. Ian got up at 6:45, hopped in the shower and was in his scout uniform (work clothes) and after a quick plate of scrambled eggs, we were on our way to the office.It didn’t take long for Ian to make some friends. Within a few minutes, he was cutting out “Valentines” and passing them out along with candy hearts. He brought Lisa’s old laptop and wrote a few emails from there. Then it was a little homework, some art, and then some games on the phone. We mixed it up with a few conference calls with some family and then some with some coworkers.
Thanks to a friendly colleague, Ian had business cards made especially for him. Contact information: “Dad’s Desk”.Lunch was at Potbelly’s. Ian had what amounted to an expensive peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I had a salad with the group down in the Winter garden at the GM Renaissance Center.
…Then back to work. More Valentines…more emails… and more homework.

Then it got to around 3:00 and I offered to take off early to get Ian home. Of course he didn’t want to leave – he wanted to “stay the whole time.” So we did.
Surprisingly enough, I got a fair amount accomplished and am ready for tonight’s 8pm conference call. Don’t know how much of an impact the day had on Ian, but when asked what he wants to be when he grows up….. an Animal Rescuer.
1 comment:
I can just imagine him taking over at your work, that boy is so social! I LOVE that he wants to be an animal rescuer, he just gained a new space in my heart! : )
Post a Comment