Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Party and Santa

It was the Ward Christmas Party tonight. Ham, Funeral Potatoes, Salad, Rolls - the standard fare. A little singing, a little reading of the Christmas Story and of course Santa. As usual, Lindsay didn't want anything to do with Santa. I think the best we've got of any of Lindsay's 4 Christmases is a picture of her standing next to a cardboard cutout Santa. So, in walks Santa, ringing his bells and waving. He stops and says hi to all the kids that were up siging, then goes and sits down in his chair. Next thing you know, Ian is heading toward me with a very disappointed look on his face. You'd have thought someone had stolen his entire Pokemon card collection. I asked what's wrong?

"That's not the real Santa."

"How do you know?"

"I saw his moustache."

Now, I have to admit that the beard didn't fit too well and there was a lot of adjusting going on. Well, Ian eventually got over it and decided it was OK to stop and sit on this "Santa's" lap, tell him what he wanted for Christmas, and get the obligatory candy cane.

Guess we'd better be about finding a Santa with a real beard!

No comments: